moe.gov.lk

The money received by the Central Cultural Fund from the selling of entrance tickets to the foreign visitors at Archeological sites is to be allocated to the preservation of temples in the island

3K1A7267The Minister of Education AkilaVirajKariyawasam said that the actions will be taken to provide money credited to the central cultural fund through the income received from the selling of entrance tickets to the foreign visitors at Archeological sites, to the temples with preservation and development requirements. The minister stated this while participating in the inaugural function held at the temple trees with the patronage of the Prime Minister Ranil Wickremasinghe yesterday (15) for the distribution of cheques worth of 400 million rupees to 1000 temples for preservation and development works.

In line with the international Vesak festival held this time in Sri Lanka, under the directions of The Minister of Education Akila Viraj Kariyawasam, the program to give donations for the preservation and development activities in Buddhist temples is implemented by the Central Cultural Fund according to a concept of The Prime Minister Ranil Wickremasinghe.

As the first stage of this program, monetary allocations of 46 million rupees were distributed among 150 temples.

Expressing his ideas at this occasion the minister of education said that the whole government including the President and the Prime minister work honestly to protect the Buddhism and the Buddhist temples and the government will take necessary actions to ensure the protection of the Buddhist heritage of this country under the good governance.

The Minister of Education Akila Viraj Kariyawasam stated that even though the power seeking people raise various allegations, he is working honestly to protect the national heritage of this country following the advice of reverend priests. He also explained the situation emerged recently regarding the Dambulla cave temple. Accordingly the income generated from the selling of entrance tickets to the foreign visitors to Dambulla temple will be used in a proper and legal process. The Central Cultural Fund has proposed to come to an agreement for distributing 85% of that money to provide for the conservation of old temples in the island according to the instructions of Chief Prelate of Asgiriya Chapter and the Chief Incumbent of Rangiri Dambulla temple and the remaining 15% of that money to be allocated for the needs of resident monks in the Dambulla temple.

At this function held with the patronage of The Prime Minister Ranil Wickramasinghe, the religious sermon was delivered by the Chief Prelate of Amarapura Sangha Sabha Most Venerable Kotugoda Dhammawasa Thera and another sermon was delivered by Deputy Secretary General and the Performing Secretary General of Maha Vihara Chapter and Chief Incumbent of Somawathiya ancient temple venerable Pahamune Sumangala Thera.

A gathering including the priests of three chapters, ministers and members of parliament, the Director General of Central Cultural Fund Professor Priyashantha Gunawardana and the Executive Director of Central Cultural Fund Attorney at Law Mr. H.M. Karunarathna participated in this occasion.

It was significant that The Prime Minister Ranil Wickramasinghe appreciated the effort made for the protection of Buddhist heritage of this country by the Central Cultural Fund under the directions of The Minister of Education Akila Viraj Kariyawasam.

New logo"Isurupaya", Pelawatta, Battaramulla, Sri Lanka.
Phone: +94 112 785141-50,
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.